Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT my new premium bonds

On 05/02/2021 14:02, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Andrew
writes

I bought a £2 bond in the post office in Dec 1965 and in 2013 I won
£25 from that bond. Maybe NS occasionally throw some extra small
prizes at the really old bonds, because statistically I wouldn't
expect this.

My Aunt gifted my sister and myself £5.00 each in bonds about then. I
converted mine to lots of air rifle pellets but my sister's ones won
£25.00 about 3 years after she died!

Which presumably was cancelled, because I didn't think PB prizes
post-death could be inherited. The warrant would have been made
payable to her. What did the bank do with it ?.