Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT: Covid testing when being vaccinated

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 30/01/2021 18:53, John Rumm wrote:

That does seem rather excessive - I can imagine a good number of 80+
year olds would have trouble standing about in the cold for that amount
of time!

But isn't the advice not to turn up to early? That's the whole point of
the appointment times. However, if you are used to the NHS hospital way
of assigning appointments in normal times you may come to have come to
the conclusion that everyone has been given the same appointment time
and it's fist come first served.

A great many years ago, I was given a 9am appointment for an NHS fracture
clinic. At 9.30, when there just apperaed to be more people arriving and
no-one being seen, I asked at the desk when I would be seen. "HE doesn't
come in until 10am, but HE's a busy person, so we don't like to keep HIM
waiting." By the time HE deigned to put in an appearance there were 15
people (perhaps busy ones) waiting.

Hopefully that attitude has changed.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England