Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Smith[_4_] Richard Smith[_4_] is offline

Default more on fillet weld test

Hi everyone
I've continued to "burn the midnight oil" on this.
The combination of events, disappearing inwards into this fixation (?)
at this time of the "covid19" pandemic in its first winter (Northern
hemisphere) plus other events for me, will surely go down as a crazy
time with what it gave to me and what it took from me.

Yesterday, no, didn't move on - got Finite Element'ing the
"beam-configuration fillet-weld tensile test"
http://www.weldsmith.co.uk/tech/stru...cfwtt_fea.html
"FEA : beam-configuration fillet-weld tensile test"
"trashed" my brain and the entire day doing the FEA simulations and
then trying to write about, therefore interpret, the meaning.

There's a single "index page" with all the tests and everything.
http://www.weldsmith.co.uk/tech/struct/struct.html
"Steel Structural Performance index-page"

I've got a hydraulic cylinder+gauge+cylinder on order, so if I get a
chance I can get some reliable measurements.

At work, I was asked why I'm doing all this.
Seeing
http://www.weldsmith.co.uk/tech/stru...t_testrig.html
"Tensile-test rig for beam-configuration fillet-weld samples"
and the "bang" reverberating around the building.

Thing is, whenever you measure, in some probing serendipetous path,
you find-out.
Always has been so.

Specific request - anyone able to tell whether my evaluation of the
stress state in the beam-configuration fillet-weld tensile test is
good, in
http://www.weldsmith.co.uk/tech/stru...cfwtt_fea.html
"FEA : beam-configuration fillet-weld tensile test"

Well, best wishes,
Rich S