Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The saga of my new smart meters

On 06/02/2021 08:24, tim... wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Robin
writes
On 05/02/2021 11:23, Robin wrote:

snip

You can download apps with wifi without a sim.

And I can vouch that an E5 runs TomTom OK (if slowly).

The real issue with simless is live traffic updates.

True but IIRC one of the benefits of a SatNav for Tim would be
keeping him out of the London CC zone (if he ever ventures again into
this plague place) which doesn't require them.Â* He might even prefer
not to be tempted to take a detour that costs £15?

Huh! The current plan (Euro5 diesel) is to avoid the place altogether
or buy a modest cost electric shopper.

is there such a thing?

getting closer

Problem is 'cheap as chips' usually means **** all range