Doug Kanter

Default Goodman Furnaces: Any opinions?

"I-zheet M'drurz" wrote in message

While I agree completely with your assessment of brand
bashing, I feel that it doesn't apply to Goodman.

(Goodman bashing snipped)

Are you a dealer and do you sell goodman?

I am a dealer, and have sold Goodman. I no longer offer
Goodman, it's very available to me but I won't sell it.

There ya go, point proven.

That proves absolutely NOTHING. Are you saying it's impossible that he knows
what he's talking about and is telling the truth? It's entirely possible
that Goodman is to furnaces as Sanyo was to car stereos in the past (and may
still be - I'm out of the biz for too long). Except for a few delusional
people, anyone who installed Sanyo figured out quickly that the stuff was
crap.

Again using the Sanyo analogy, the poster says "it's very available to me",
which I'd guess means that any dealer who wants the line can have it. Sanyo
was the same way. What does that say about the equipment?

If you did sell Goodman, you would have competition from the
other shops who do, not like your territorial deals with the
big name manufacturers.

Ya know, people could accept that, know it's common business
sense, if only you guys didn't feel the need to ****ing LIE
about your motives.

Are you sure he lied? Are you 100% positive that a Carrier or Trane unit is
NOT worth more money than a Goodman?