Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan J. Wylie Alan J. Wylie is offline

Default Knowledge experience with Water Jet Flossers

John Towill writes:

I am looking at getting one of these but are they any good? I would
appreciate and advice positive of negative. TIA

I bought a Philips Sonicare AirFloss.

I'm not happy. The lower shell is just a tight push fit onto the rest of
the body, with an "O" ring seal.

After a while mine stopped working, on opening it up it was wet inside
on the electronics circuit board and there was a minty smell from the
mouthwash they supply to use in it.

I cleaned it and dried it, it worked again for a while and is now
sitting in bits in a margarine tub behind me.

The other possibility is that the flexible tube that feeds the liquid
from the pump to the nozzle leaks at one of the connections, but either
way it isn't well designed.

Someone else has documented the same problem:
https://wp.josh.com/2014/02/11/whats...care-airfloss/

--
Alan J. Wylie https://www.wylie.me.uk/

Dance like no-one's watching. / Encrypt like everyone is.
Security is inversely proportional to convenience