Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Moving a dryer - OK to lay it on the side or back?

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 09:37:01 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/5/2021 9:24 AM, Hawk wrote:
On 2/4/2021 7:23 PM, Amber Sheffield wrote:
On Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 9:12:15 AM UTC-5, Steve Barker DLT wrote:
it's fine. can't imagine why though, they take up less space standing up
proper.
"bryan" wrote in message
I am moving a gas dryer and was curious if they're OK to lay on their
sides or back. Any problems with the bearing, etc?

some people have SUV's not trucks to transport them in so this is why
you would lay them on their side

13 years ago, I'm gonna guess they figured it out, though, I could be
wrong.

Yes, they did. Instead of laying it down they borrowed a Radio Flyer
wagon from the kid next door and put the dryer on that. Took a while to
haul it the 35 miles home but it was in good shape when they got there.

That reminds me and makes me laugh. I have one of those Gorilla yard carts
with 10-inch pneumatic tires. It's very handy for yard work but they saw
fit to include a sticker that says, "Not suitable for highway use." Really?
I wonder how many people tied those wagons to their rear bumpers before the
company realized they needed to add a warning.