Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Stewart ... Jimmy Stewart ... is offline

Default OT my new premium bonds

On 05/02/2021 16:18, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 12:46:46 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

I bought a £2 bond in the post office in Dec 1965 and in 2013 I won
£25 from that bond. Maybe NS occasionally throw some extra small
prizes at the really old bonds, because statistically I wouldn't
expect this.

It's random. They say, and don't ask for a cite, that occasionally old
bonds do win big prizes.

Two neighbours gave me £1 and told me to buy a premium bond in 1970,
when I was 21. I bought a few more, about £80, through a deduction
from pay scheme, and won £25 a long time ago.
With the interest rates being so low I cashed them in last year and
started putting £100, now £300, a month into PBs. No wins yet but it's
nice to dream, even if the odds are against me.

I think you need a nice big block of them to stand a chance....