Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Covid inoculation

On 05/02/2021 12:53, GB wrote:
On 05/02/2021 02:54, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Fredxx wrote:
On 04/02/2021 16:29, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
My son had the Oxford vaccine as part of the trials. He produced no
antibodies. He's since had the Pfizer vaccine.

Are you sure he didn't have a placebo, or a low dose?

And would he be told?

I thought those involved in the trial would be told at its conclusion,
on the basis it is unethical to withhold their vaccination in the
eventual rollout?

I was on a different trial (Novavax) and I was unblinded the day before
I was due to get the vaccine. It turned out that I had had the placebo,
so I went ahead with getting vaccinated.

If they had refused to unblind me, I'd simply have paid for an antibody
test, which would have told me that that I had had the placebo, anyway.

Actually it would probably have returned the same no antibody result
even if you had had the actual vaccine. The the most common antibody
test targets a part of the protein coat of the virus not the spike.

The most common antibody test can only detect has had a Covid infection.
(and only then for a few months following infection)

After the Pfizer vaccine, I had a slightly sore arm for 24 hours. I
gather that's about par for the course for most people, although the
cases you tend to hear about are people who had more of a reaction. I
mean, who goes around saying "I got into my car. It started. I drove
around in it without incident. I parked it in my drive, and came in and
had supper."

--
Regards,
Martin Brown