Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Covid inoculation

On 05/02/2021 02:54, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Fredxx wrote:
On 04/02/2021 16:29, Lawrence Milbourn wrote:
My son had the Oxford vaccine as part of the trials. He produced no
antibodies. He's since had the Pfizer vaccine.

Are you sure he didn't have a placebo, or a low dose?

And would he be told?

I thought those involved in the trial would be told at its conclusion,
on the basis it is unethical to withhold their vaccination in the
eventual rollout?

I was on a different trial (Novavax) and I was unblinded the day before
I was due to get the vaccine. It turned out that I had had the placebo,
so I went ahead with getting vaccinated.

If they had refused to unblind me, I'd simply have paid for an antibody
test, which would have told me that that I had had the placebo, anyway.

After the Pfizer vaccine, I had a slightly sore arm for 24 hours. I
gather that's about par for the course for most people, although the
cases you tend to hear about are people who had more of a reaction. I
mean, who goes around saying "I got into my car. It started. I drove
around in it without incident. I parked it in my drive, and came in and
had supper."