Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default The saga of my new smart meters

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 05/02/2021 09:53, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 05/02/2021 09:31, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Chris Green
* writes
Jethro_uk wrote:

I used to have a smart phone, in fact I went through at least two or
three but I eventually decided they were so useless as phones
I've
now moved back to a 'feature phone'.* For the things that I use a
phone
for (making phone calls mostly) it's far better than a smartphone.

I'm finding it's useful having *2* smartphones.

My real personal out and about phone which makes calls.

And a second to sat nav/media play/control smart thermostat with

Ah, yes, I do still have a (pseudo?) smartphone that I use as a
satnav, there's no SIM in it.
*Interesting.
*For the uninitiated.. does that mean you can load the map data via
wi-fi* without bothering your mobile provider?

No reason you cant. I do that every update

OK. Thanks. I have an otherwise unused Moto e5.

well check that it can download a free app from the playstore simless.
Or pop a payg sim in it

I have a Vodafone sim. It means breaking it down to the smaller size and
then carefully reassembling:-(

--
Tim Lamb