Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Vaccines to get vaccines starting next week.

wrote in message
news
On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 10:53:08 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/3/2021 9:23 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 16:28:20 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/3/2021 1:43 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 09:07:18 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/2/2021 6:27 PM, micky wrote:
Drugstores to get vaccine starting next week.

Phase II

https://www.google.com/search?client...ting+next+week

Good try on that title.

At least one vaccine reduces spread.

"The vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca
not
only protects people from serious illness and death but also
substantially slows the transmission of the virus, according to a new
study €” a finding that underscores the importance of mass vaccination
as
a path out of the pandemic.

Researchers at the University of Oxford measured the impact on
transmission by swabbing participants every week seeking to detect
signs
of the virus. If there is no virus present, even if someone is
infected,
it cannot be spread. And they found a 67 percent reduction in
positive
swabs among those vaccinated.

The results, detailed by Oxford and AstraZeneca researchers in a
manuscript that has not been peer-reviewed, found that the vaccine
could
cut transmission by nearly two-thirds."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/u...3e91b65130eb97

It is interesting that we seem to be considering all of these new
vaccines equal when it is turning out they aren't. Once supply catches
up, we may be getting another round of the "good" vaccine, which ever
that one is for your particular circumstance and I still think there
will be an annual booster.

I also think "free" may go away after a while. Like any good drug
pusher, the first one is always free ;-)

So far, it seems the worst vaccine pretty much eliminates
hospitalization. I would not complain about that.

You have set your sights pretty low.
You are saying you are willing to get sick and spread the disease as
long as you don't die is all we need.
I would hope they come up with a better answer and if so we will be
having another round of vaccinations. That is all I said.
That also assumes the current vaccine works on the mutations we know
about and the ones we will learn about by summer.

Nonsense.

The current vaccines all virtually eliminate hospitalization. So for
vaccinated people, covid is no worse than a mild flu.

At least one vaccine has been shown to reduce spread of infection by at
least 2/3, moving us way closer to herd immunity. Other vaccines may
soon show similar results.

We have a better answer, and it is being vaccinated ASAP.

If another vaccine is needed, we have proven
technology to develop it quickly.

First you say no, then you say yes.

Another stupid lie.

Make up your mind.

He has done that fine.

It is clear this virus is mutating, as corona viruses do

Yes.

and it is also clear the vaccine will have
to change to address the mutations.

Nope, current vaccines work fine with the mutations.

I still bet this is an annual ritual like the flu shot.

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

They might even come up with an RNA flu vaccine

Problem is that flu mutates much faster.

and it might get mixed into the cocktail we call
a flu shot, also dealing with that year's Covid.

Not mixed in so much as does both because
it has the genetic material for both,

Absent some serious side effects we don't know
about yet, this RNA thing might become a common
defense against other diseases. It is a novel approach
against a novel virus but it might catch on.

Not all the vaccines for this virus are rna vaccines.