Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default The saga of my new smart meters

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Peter James pretended :
Now I'm 83 years of age, and grovelling around on my knees to take
photographs
of so-called smart meters set two feet off the floor, is not top of my
priorities.

When asked to provide a photo (never yet for my meters), I decide whether
I have or have not got a camera to provide a photo, dependent on how
helpful I happen to feel to the photo requirer.

No one should expect you to have a digital camera, or a printer, or even
access to a computer.

they expect you to have smart phone and to whats app it too them

Conversations of:

"sorry I can't do that"

"Oh it's simple all you have to do ..."

"No, I mean my phone isn't capable of doing that"

are usually met with incredulity

I know that there are more than a dozen in my block who don't have email. I
haven't managed a survey of who does/doesn't have a smart phone