Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default clogged oil tank whistle

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 4 Feb 2021 17:31:12 +0000, Cheryl Smith
wrote:

My tank whistle is getting less and less heard. How. much will it cost to clean whistle and put new seal on bolts. Tank above ground.

Don't know but you can call 2 or 3 oil delivery companies and ask them
how much they will charge. They know better than we do. A handyman
might do it for less but I don't think most handymen have ever been
called on to do this. You don't want him learning on your tank. I'm
"handy" and I have a basement tank with a refill pipe outside, and I
have no idea how to clean it or take it apart, but my tank is in the
corner and I built shelves in front of the pipe, so I don't even know
where it comes apart. The oil delivery company hasn't spilled oil yet,
after 42 years, so the whistle must still work.

But this might help:
https://www.google.com/search?client...l+tank+whistle

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...in_place.p df
This should be tried first, at least before trying to take it apart.

https://alloiltank.com/oil-tank-whistle/
But read this first. It has a part about cleaning, might be better

https://askinglot.com/how-do-you-cle...l-tank-whistle

https://www.doityourself.com/forum/g...-delivery.html

I haven't read any of these.