Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Nebraska Covid Vaccination Timeline

On 04/02/2021 17:13, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 9:39:27 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 04/02/2021 14:12, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 1:33:39 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 3 Feb 2021 11:18:08 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information.aspx#SectionLink3
There's a timeline about halfway down the page.
It looks like the powers that be hope to have vaccinations completed by October. They hope to
be done with the geezer crowd by about mid May.
Very interesting. Another state that put +65 in 1b (One b, not the
abbreviation for pound***). I should buy a Nebraska ID and spend a
month there, and I'll be vaccinated. A lot of snow there now?

Maryland drugstores are gearing up to vaccinate, and one supermarket**
is already taking reservations (at its pharmacy department, which I
think qualifies as a drugstore. They seem to sell and do everything a
drugstore does.). It makes a list of branches starting with the one
closest to me and lets me pick, but then alas, it says all appointments
are taken. That's fine. It's because they have no vaccine and no
appointments yet. Maybe in one week.

I already have a request in with the county but the news said the number
of qualified drugstores is 6 times the current number of places that are
vaccinating. Still, it shoudln't be this complicated. There should be
one registration website/phone number, and drugstores should be added
automatically when they come on line. There didn't need to be 66
different webpages either, anymore than having each jurisdiction write
its same tracking app, just one good one. I believe in federalism too,
but i'm sure some of these don't work well, others were awarded to the
state senate head's nephew, etc.

I can't figure out if Biden did something different or if this drugstore
part would have happened at the same speed under trump. If anyone
replies, try to remove ideology and stick to facts, although I think
people see facts based on who they like.

**It's SAFEWAY, but it links to an ALBERTSON page, which displays about
10 logos, so if there is an ALBERTSON-owned chain near you, this is
probably an option.

The one thing drugstores and supermarkets haven't had that clinics have
is enough seats to wait in afterward, but I'm sure they can find a few
chairs and make people who want to buy what's behind the patients
waiting either wait themselves of lean over them. ;-)

From what I see adding drug stores just increases the custer f***. There
isn't enough vaccine to keep the current sites going, so diverting part to
other channels just shuts down the places that are best equipped. What
resources will they have to deal with bad reactions as opposed to doing it
in larger, probably better equipped facilities?

Same nonsense is going on here in NJ. There is a state registration website,
but it does not explain what it feeds. Even worse, the state website also has
a list of 200+ places that are giving the vaccine, with web links. The state has
6 mega sites, those are on the list and only one has the state registration link.
The other 5 have their own. So, what does the state registration do?

I just tried the state mega site in AC. By some miracle, I went right into the que
for an appointment. It said there were 950 slots available. It took 11 mins for
it to go to zero, I didn't get a slot. On the AC website it says that it doesn't
matter when you get in the que, they pull randomly. But when you get in the
que, it says that they pull in numerical order. A week ago I lucked out and
saw that they would be taking appointments at 3PM. I tried at about 2:45PM,
not knowing there was a que, there were 17K in the que already. When did
they actually open the que? Who knows, it wasn't open around 10AM when
I found out they would take appointments at 3PM. Today, they must have
started the process around 8AM, but how is anyone supposed to know?
I'm registered with the state, this is a state mega site. I also registered
with this mega site at their own website. So WTF is going on? Are they
pulling people from the state list? From their own list? Only taking people
that get lucky and find the que open? Some from all? Adding drug stores
to this just increases the disorder when you don't have anywhere near
enough vaccine.

I just got a letter today from the NHS telling me to book an appointment
to get my first jab at my local GPs surgery.
They've finished doing all of the over 80s etc.
They are working down the age ranges and vulnerable folk. We are down to
the over 70s etc now. I am 72. I will get an exact time slot allocated,
so no waiting in a queue.

That sounds too logical. Here not only did they move right down to 65,
but they also included anyone with pre-existing risk conditions. No agreeement
between states, organizations what those are. One place obesity is on the list,
another just being overweight is sufficient. Smoking seems to be on all the
lists. And it's all on the honor system, no proof required. You can imagine how
that's going. Where just being overweight gets you vaccinated ahead of others,
probably 80% of the population could get the vaccine now, while following the
rules.

Yes that does seem illogical.