Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Stewart ... Jimmy Stewart ... is offline

Default The saga of my new smart meters

On 04/02/2021 16:27, Steve Walker wrote:
On 04/02/2021 14:15, Andrew wrote:
On 04/02/2021 11:07, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Peter James pretended :
Now I'm 83 years of age, and grovelling around on my knees to take
photographs
of so-called smart meters set two feet off the floor, is not top of my
priorities.

When asked to provide a photo (never yet for my meters), I decide
whether I have or have not got a camera to provide a photo, dependent
on how helpful I happen to feel to the photo requirer.

No one should expect you to have a digital camera, or a printer, or
even access to a computer.

I thought 'everyone' had a smart phone these days, which is all
you need. No computer access needed.
(I don't have a mobile phone, but I have suitable digital cameras).

I have worked in places where any phone with a camera was banned for
security reasons - limiting people to good old Nokias and the like. I
have also worked in places where smart phones cannot be taken into
meeting rooms, as there is no way to be sure that they are not infected
with something that covertly evesdrops on the discussions.

I could work there with my 1100