Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default The saga of my new smart meters

Chris J Dixon used his keyboard to write :
Your choice to spend your money as you see fit, but not one I
would make.

+1

Those who stick pay more, which helps those who regularly move get an
even better deal. Jim and others like him are helping to pay my bills.

My present E&G contract, was due to end in March. In November the ML
site suggested my present supplier offered a slightly better tariff
than the one I presently had with them, so I rang my supplier and asked
them to move me over to the new tariff. Not only did it save me a few
pounds from November to March, but it has tied them into a fixed price
deal with me lasting through to November, which saves me around £100
compared to moving as I would have done in March.

I don't use the compare sites, because they take a back hander from the
suppliers. The ML site is more honest and list all the suppliers,
irrespective of whether they get a back hander or not.