Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The saga of my new smart meters

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 11:45:16 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 04/02/2021 08:40, Halmyre wrote:

We used to get pestered with offers from EDF to fit a smart meter,
which we just ignored. We changed to a new supplier (Octopus) and the
subject has never arisen.

Possibly because to offer the service of replacement meter is not
without cost.

Some of the smaller suppliers have been reluctant to sign up to the
meter exchange program and even after threatened sanctions by the
regulator have still delayed signing on the dotted line.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...-stops-taking-

on-new-customers/

I'm with Avro and have just renewed to another fixed price contract but
note that they are no longer being offered on sites such as the cheap
energy club @ money saving expert. Also note their customer service
response time is not too good at present although pre covid lockdowns it
was good.

Strange. I was offered Avro by moneysavingexpert about an hour ago!