Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default The saga of my new smart meters

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021 09:20:41 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

Yes this whole thing has been a fiasco. First they fitted meters where
the software could not be modified for the different companies. Second
meter, it has security issues so we cannot use it in smart mode. Third
and 'final' meter, works, but still issues with readings due to lack of
signal, and the audio hand units are very thin on the ground Indeed when
somebody I know was wondering why his gas meter bit was not able to be
read, it turned out it ran on a D cell hidden near the meter, and nobody
had put a D cell in the damned thing.
I am remembering a series on the TV called cowboys, which revolved
around a
bunch of builders who through inept work and misunderstandings cocked up
every job they ever attempted.
Brian

Building designers do that as well, especially to increase
profits....hence the 'cladding' fiasco.