Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Remote controlled access for storage units

In article ,
Owain Lastname wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 February 2021 at 09:48:35 UTC, alan_m wrote:
That would be the simple way. Our local church has that for the hall front
door. For evening hire, etc. Saves having to pay the caretaker to open up.
They send the code by SMS.

But does the code have to be manually changed on a regular basis?

I would expect the code is either one-time-only or valid for a limited
time period (to allow for multiple entries for getting things out of the
car, etc, but only works for half an hour before the let starts).

The lock mechanism therefore needs linking to the code-generating system.

The thing is obviously micro proccessor controlled. And given the tiny
amount of data, no real reason why there couldn't be multiple codes for
the same day, each one time related. And obviously the code must work for
all the time you have access to the hall.

I'd guess an up to date one would be programmed via an external device
like a phone or laptop. Makes little sense providing a comprehensive local
control unit in this day and age.

--
*When you get a bladder infection urine trouble.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.