Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT: Snowblowers

On Wed, 03 Feb 2021 13:40:25 -0500, wrote:

Here's one possible fix :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81FOs8otCQs
John T.

That's one of the "reasonable fixes" that I've tried to no avail. If
it's on Youtube and doesn't involve a lathe I have probably tried it.

Are you able to dis-engage it s l o w l y ?
... so that the pulley stops spinning before it is
fully released to the fully off-set position .
Just a thought .
John T.

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.
While it's running the pulley never stops spinning. The clutch
mechanism is that the pulley, while spinning, is pressed against
another piece.

OK Sorry - I was thinking that the pulley
was engaged by the clutch plate -
not the other-way-round .
John T.

I may be looking at this the wrong way. For the price of a Honda
snowblower I could get a lathe adequate to the task of remanufacturing
the drive on this thing.