Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Pigs in Blankets

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 13:20:08 +0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

On 02/02/2021 21:40, Chris Green wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
After serious thinking Fredxx wrote :
It is also difficult to cook the sausage to an acceptable skin colour because
of the insulation from the bacon.

The current thought is a grey sausage is a bad one.

I have made a complaint to the manufacturer now and received an almost
immediate response.

You mean the pig? :-)

Yup, I do sometimes feel I have to praise the mother of the animal that
I have just scoffed....

Time to go to YouTube, and lookup
chicken processing factory video
pork processing factory video
beef processing factory video
lamb processing factory video

Or just something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtVkNofcq8

(One of the videos people have watched and have said is what made them
'realise' and then gone vegan).

and thank the machines.

And this is how you treat the machines when they are worn out ...

https://ibb.co/Mp1TxpY

Just have your breakfast finished with first ...

I was talking to a good mate the other day and suggested he had a look
at some of the videos that show what goes on behind the scenes in the
whole 'live stock' world and he said he didn't want to because it
would upset him too much ... but wouldn't be able to stop eating meat
/ eggs or dairy etc (but he has cut back on meat and does to a vegan
restaurant sometimes etc).

I wonder what the difference is between people who, when reminded /
highlighted all the suffering (pollution / resources etc etc) actually
change their lifestyle and those who don't?

Is it that they (the latter) might have to actually get to 'know' some
of the creatures so see just how similar to them they were in their
emotions, the wants and needs and how they deserve the right to live
out their lives ... at least 'naturally' (whatever that works out to
be).

And that brings me back to my thought of having a 'meat eaters
licence', you have to personally observe the whole process when it
comes to the end [1] (for a chicken, cow, sheep, pig etc), before you
can buy some from the supermarket. The only point of that is to make
people aware of the consequences of their choices, like you would if
it was 'Fairtrade' or anything where people or animals might be
exploited (or not). If you demonstrate you are able to watch that and
still want to be part of that then so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1DcFmUrxUQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnpISyu09B4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvjhdaWZ3hA

https://youtu.be/FM95_k9onEc

https://youtu.be/lSngJ-mGNoo

Cheers, T i m

[1] And it's not just how the trillions of animals die each year that
is the only problem, it's also how they live in many cases.