Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 01/2021

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 2 Feb 2021 12:54:54 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

On Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 2:14:23 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 1 Feb 2021 19:50:02 -0000 (UTC),
"badgolferman" wrote:

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name Most Used Newsreader
------- -------- -------------------------- --------------------
1 633 Peeler
2 513 Forte Agent
3 491 Bob F Mozilla
4 414 trader_4 G2
5 399 Rod Speed Microsoft Windows Live Ma y
6 318 micky Forte Agent

My rating is going down.

That's good, and not surprising because I'm getting tired of this and I
don't read all the other posts, like I almost used to do.

Once the impeachment is over, I expect to cut back even more.

The cable channels must already missing Trump. Their ratings have
taken big drops.
https://variety.com/vip/cnn-primetime-ratings-fall-post-trump-1234897869/

Very interesting. Thanks.

I didn't know I could get CNN sound until last fall, and I certainly
enjoyed it at first, but

a) I was suprised at how liberal it is. I don't mean the emotional
monologue at the start of the 10PM hour and maybe one other time, but
other stuff. I certainly enjoyed that after being forced to listen to
stumpie on the news, after seeing his picture full-width at the top of
almost wevery political webpage. But not forever.

b) Mostly it's the commercials that bother me. The same commercials
for weeks or months on end. TV has different commercials for each show.
I think AM radio does too. NPR doesn't have many commercials but even
for them, Ray Kroc's wife sponsers one show and other groups sponsor
others. They change in the course of the day.

CNN has the same commercials all day long, every day, sometimes I'm sure
it's the same one 2 or 3 times every hour. I turn off the sound and
then I forget to turn it back on for 10 minutes, but it's worth it.

c) CNN has loads of commercials on the sound-only version. I think it's
the same as the TV version because they make reference to things I can't
see. But when I've watched on TV, at a motel for example or in the
hospital, I don't remember so many commercials.

d) Even the public service announcement gets repeated over and over and
over. It's about turning off your CFL if you're going to be out of the
room more than 15 minutes. Hearing it 2 or 3 times might be good, but
after that, it's just annoying and doesn't help anyone. Change to a
different PSA. And CFLs are on their way out anyhow.

e) CNN-sound has CNN and CNN International, but I think the web only has
one of these. Where Could I watch the other?

f) CNN has Breaking News, but it doesn't seem to be about breaking news.
It's just the name of the show, afaict.** They're ruining a good
phrase. (It reminds me of tv news shows that say, This just in, or We
have a bulletin from, when the story is 5 hours old, but that at least
is just a lie, and doesn't ruin an English phrase. I have my
priorities.)
**It doesn't seem to be listed here, https://www.cnn.com/tv or
https://www.cnn.com/specials/tv/all-shows .