Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Burke[_3_] Peter Burke[_3_] is offline

Default Pigs in Blankets

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote in news:rvc8hl$td5$1
@dont-email.me:

For a few years I have bought trays of 12 frozen 'pigs in blankets',
they have been OK as an accompaniment to a cooked meal. They claim to
be pork with a bacon wrap and the sausage has always been a pale colour
as is normal with pork.

I've always made my own, long chipolatas of known quality twisted in the
middle and snipped to make short then each wrapped in a half rasher of
smoked streaky stretched thin with the back of a cook's knife.

Freeze either raw or cooked, my choice grill on skewers then freeze.

The trouble with ready made PiBs is that they'll make them to a price, use
the crappest sausage they can get away with then charge a premium for the
manual labour.

The latest pack has been not so good, horrible, mushy sausage and much
darker like beef. Am I correct, in that beef would be much darker in
colour?

My experience of beef sausages is that they are more red but that's more
likely colouring than anything else.