Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Microsoft prevents hacking

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:10:13 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Well, Microsoft called me just now. Apparently foreign hackers have
been trying to get into my IP and they helped me fix it, for free. It's
amazing that they have this service for free, but I guess I've spent
quite a bit of money on MS products, and it's good for their reputation
if they help people, and bad if people have problems. They might switch
to Unix.

So the first guy spent 5 minutes with me and then he transferred me to
the head guy, who spent 20 minutes of his valuable time with me. I feel
blessed. I'm worried though, because he coudln't fix it.

The first guy taught me to write eventvwr in the Run box, and showed me
that the 1700+ Administrative Events are really bad. I had no idea.

The second guy helped me dl, install, and run teamviewer but for some
reason he couldn't connect to my computer. Maybe the hackers messed
that up too. Or maybe he misunderstood my accent when I read him the ID
number and password.

He had me restart windows and try again. That took 5 minutes just to
restart, because several programs took a while to close, but he was
wonderful, didn't complain. Still he coudln't connect.

But despite that, I paid them both a compliment. I told him to tell the
first guy that I thought he was quite competent, and that actually
applied to the guy I was talking to, too, and they should both be able
to get better jobs where they don't lie all the time, or they should go
to hell.

He didn't seem to understand that I was praising him because he said I
should die from covid. That seems unkind, so I told him, well, that it
was more likely he would. I hope he didn't find that disrespectful.
I'm just stating the facts. How could facts be disrespectful.

I think he hung up but since I got fiber-optic phone service, it doesn't
click anymore. "Are you still there?" I just called, but he doesn't
answer. Now I have to figure out what to do about the foreign hackers.

Just working their way through college...

--
Tekkie