Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Anybody had a Home Eye Test ?

"Owain Lastname" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 2 February 2021 at 08:10:15 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes well, I'd be too. Back when I was a child some home or other remote
venues were used for eye tests, if the room dimensions were too small, a
mirror was used and a mirror image letter chart was hung behind the
patient
so they could see it in the mirror. It worked well.

My local Boots which has been refitted with new
optical rooms uses this arrangement, except the
mirror image letter charge is a computer screen.

I don't know whether it generates the letters randomly to prevent
"cheating".

My Specsavers doesnt.