Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Abandoned_Trolley Abandoned_Trolley is offline

Default Checking ignition in 1990 Honda Civic Si, 1.6 liter.

On 01/02/2021 12:32, Peter W. wrote:
So we have established that it is not ignition, but fuel related? Have you _ever_ changed the fuel filter in 30 years?

Fuel-pump relay failures are seldom (not never) thermal. Once they latch, they tend to be fine.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

OK

This is just an observation, from a man who has never owned a Honda car

In the normal course of events, if a car starts from OK from cold, and
then doesnt want to start when its hot then it might be caused by the
mixture being too rich - like as if the choke is stuck on (for those of
us old enough to remember what a choke is)

I have experienced this problem a few times on various petrol engines,
and its usually something to do with a thermostat somewhere - so maybe
something in the system thinks that the engine is still cold ?

My instinct tells me that if its got enough fuel to start and run when
its cold (and needs more fuel) then its not likely to be a problem with
the fuel filter.

Probably of no relevance whatever in this case, but just may be worth
thinking about ...

AT