Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default At what low mains voltages do devices stop working?

On 02/02/2021 11:19, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/02/2021 08:46, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

I find it amazing that the company have a generator for 230v which
actually
runs at such a low voltage without simply stopping.

The voltage drop may not be at the generator itself - it might just be
injecting power at a different location that makes the voltage drop
where it reaches your property more noticeable.

Lucky to get a generator at all !

In this impoverished neighbourhood, when a phase goes down, they
back-feed it from the nearest other sub's phase. The resulting line
length and phase imbalance always ensures a lively situation.

Once, this was the "solution" in use for over a month!

Time for some electrical - as well as political - levelling up, I
reckon.

PA