Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default At what low mains voltages do devices stop working?

On 02/02/2021 11:41, charles wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 02/02/2021 08:46, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

I find it amazing that the company have a generator for 230v which
actually runs at such a low voltage without simply stopping.

The voltage drop may not be at the generator itself - it might just be
injecting power at a different location that makes the voltage drop
where it reaches your property more noticeable.

when we had a local under road cable fault - we had a genny to ourselves.
Mind you it was installed at about 2am, failure had been about 1pm. But,
the stuff in the freezer was fine. We had the genny for 4 days.

Yeah we had one shared with about a dozen properties for a few days some
time ago when they replaced all the overhead LV wiring with ABCs.
Voltage and stability were ok, but it did conk out a couple of times.

--
Cheers,

John.