Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Is there a 'proper' name for Euro/French two-pin 2.5A sockets?

On Tuesday, 2 February 2021 at 13:03:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

Who said this was going to be in the UK? :-)

There is no specific socket for Europlugs because Europlugs were
designed to fit into (most? all?) european 2 pin sockets.

They're certainly available as part of a multiway adapter, presumably
then so that you can't plug lots of 10 amp loads into a single socket.

I thought I'd seen some individual ones while wandering around French
shops.

I can find in-line ones.

--
Chris Green
ยท

If you are looking to replace a 13A UK socket I would save the bother and use one of these.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...ter/index.html
Richard