Rich Williams

Default Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P)

Very interested in this topic - I am involved in this on behalf of a group
of companies who perform minor electrical work as an "add on" to their main
activity. There must be thousands of such firms who will be in the sh** when
this proposal becomes law. Only those firms who are "accredited" will be
authorised to issue the required Competion Certificate - otherwise the
Building Inspector will have to test the work. Does the Gov realise what a
hole they are digging. Of the 65,000 electrical contractors in the UK,
only about 13,000 are currently "accredited/certified". The rest will be
out in the cold. The IEE is setting up a Certification Scheme to address
this. Given the scale of the problem with actual Electrical Contractors,
and that they will also have to address the myriads of other trades who also
fiddle with electrics (eg kitchen fitters) twill be a long time undeed
before they send their enforcers to check on the DIY chaps. Crazy wot?
All correspondence on this with the oFfice of the Deputy Prime Minister,
NET, CITB etc seems to be happily ignored.
"Hugo Nebula" Send-My-Spam-To: abuse@localhost wrote in message
From the chaotic regions of the Cryptosphere, Andrew McKay
wrote on Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:29:38
+0100:

On 23 Jul 2003 13:36:22 -0700,
(northern_relayer) wrote:

extracted from:
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/pns/DisplayPN...n_id=2003_0133

Thanks for drawing attention to this, it has been expected for a
while. I notice the link at the bottom of the page to the DTLR web
site doesn't work.

The consultation paper is at

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...contentservert
emplate/odpm_index.hcst?n=173&l=2