Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Remote controlled access for storage units

John Rumm wrote:
On 01/02/2021 21:57, Bazza wrote:
Looking for recommendations for controlling access by users of our
storage units. There are 40 units on the site.

Airbnb owners typically have similar requirements. I would look into
solutions for that market.

(for airbnb, you don't want access to work before or after the scheduled
stay, so codes need to only stay valid for a day or few)

These would be steel storage units with no on-site management. We want
to control it all over the internet. Intention is to have users
download an app that will allow them to unlock (and relock) via RF on
their phone, based on a code we send.

Not all phones support NFC, so you would need some other way for them to
use the access code as well...

I'd expect a keypad would be needed anyway, and cheaper than an NFC interface.
Unlike Airbnb they probably aren't coming and going multiple times a day so
typing a code wouldn't be that onerous.

Theo