Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default At what low mains voltages do devices stop working?

On 01/02/2021 23:30, Michael Chare wrote:

The PSU for my laptop says it should work at 100v but if the voltage
dropped that low we might not be able to cook the dinner.

I worked once on a scope design that was happy from 36V DC (what an
aircraft raising its undercarriage drops to) to 250VAC. all on the same
PSU with no taps changed.

It can be done if people want to do it, but the grid is usually much
more stable than that so why bother?

--
€œThe ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.€

Herbert Spencer