Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anybody had a Home Eye Test ?

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
Yes well, I'd be too. Back when I was a child some home or other remote
venues were used for eye tests, if the room dimensions were too small, a
mirror was used and a mirror image letter chart was hung behind the
patient so they could see it in the mirror. It worked well. Brian

That technique is still used in 'proper' venues. Certainly in my local
Specsavers.

Anyone have the figure for the minimum distance between eye and chart
(using mirrors when needed) to give 'infinity' for practical purposes?
I've a feeling not all setups have enough lenght.

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.