Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Choosing a blood glucose meter

On 01/02/2021 20:28, Peter Able wrote:

You'd be mad to buy one - and if you weren't mad, you soon would be due
to the variations you'd see.

IMHO, Hb1Ac testing and common-sense is the way to go.Â* Alas, the NHS
can only dispense the former.

PA

I'm afraid that I totally disagree. I find a glucose monitor very
helpful. If I am worried that I have had too much carbohydrate, I can
measure my blood and take steps to reduce my glucose levels.

When I say take steps, I do mean that literally. I go for a brisk walk
and the glucose comes down quickly.

HbA1C measures the average glucose levels over a 3 month period. That
doesn't take into account spikes which can be quite harmful.