Posted to uk.d-i-y
Algernon Goss-Custard Algernon Goss-Custard is offline

Default Could this *really* be used in a bathroom?

Chris Green posted
Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Monday, 1 February 2021 at 14:18:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
I've been looking for a simple heated towel rail for a toilet and came
across this at CPC:-

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pel...ail/dp/HG00931

It *says* ".... towel radiator ensures your bathroom feels comfortable
when .... " but it has a 3-pin plug and is IPX1 rated.

I'm not sure I'm even very happy with putting it in a toilet though
hard wired to an FCU I suppose it might be OK.

What does the team think?

With that IP rating I doubt it will but aside from that if you are hoping
something like that will heat your bathroom then forget it. At our last
house we installed a tall ladder type radiator plumbed into the CH and
its heat output was nothing compared to the smaller bog standard radiator
in our present house.

Yes, 65 watts isn't much, we're not expecting it to make the (small)
room feel warm but it will dry the towels.

You can get them up to at least 200W which would do a better job as a
towel heater, as we did. Doesn't warm the room much though.

--
Algernon