Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Anybody had a Home Eye Test ?

On 01/02/2021 14:41, newshound wrote:
On 01/02/2021 14:21, jon wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 14:14:25 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Andy Burns wrote:
jon wrote:

I seem to be booked for a Home Eye Test from 'Outside Clinic' for the
12th Feb.

They look legitimate, contracted to do tests the same way specsavers
etc are, they have a listing on the NHS website

https://www.nhs.uk/services/optician...aultview.aspx?

id=15927

But I wouldn't expect an unsolicited appointment.

Had no verbal contact from Optometrists other than just filled an
online form in.

Sounds like have requested the appointment by that online form.

They send out flyers that look like an NHS letter.
I am supicious..

I'd be most surprised if a home visit could offer all the facilities
you'd get at high street shop?

I'd say to be avoided unless no option.

What do you anticipate would not be available.

Well, I bet the big static machines get better views and photos of the
retina than portable tools.

Not really to be fair. Not the photos taken in a standard test.

Also the field of view testers.

There's portable ways of doing this.

Are there portable "puff-test" machines for ocular pressure?

Yes, in fact we've got one in practice now, a hand held thing with probes.
The puff of eye test was deemed dangerous at the beginning of the
pandemic as it creates an aerosol of tear fluid and we were told not to
do it.

We've since been told we can when every practice in the land was faced
with a 3 grand spend and kicked off.

(Just after we'd spent 3 grand) It's much more comfortable though and
people prefer it.

I'm not ****ing on your point, just bored and thought i'd chuck some
facts in.