CBHVAC

Default air conditioning mold

"Greg" wrote in message
the
guy that suggested bleach is wrong..VERY wrong.

Every system I have seen installed in Florida in the last decade has a

fitting
in the condensate line for EXACTLY this purpose. The instructions from the

HVAC
contractor is that you DO pour a small amount of bleach down this line.
Of course I suppose all these licensed contractors could be wrong.

Gee..it could be...but you see, that fitting as you call it...its a T PCV
fitting, and it ISN'T for that very purpose....Sorry...

The instructions that the contractor gives is a cheap ass way to get you to
actually end up spending more in the long term...

First, bleach is NOT supposed to be on, or near, the evap coil. Period.
Second, Chlorine is NOT something you want to breathe...

Now..the bleach can be put in there if it makes you feel good...but as a
licensed, and proven competent contractor in my field, chlorine in a drain
is wrong.

Show me where, in ANY installation manual, or engineers manual ( I have
several, so pick a brand, and name the page) that it states to use bleach as
a drain cleaner in the air vent...yea...that's all that T is..its a vent and
depending on the unit, you don't use that either.

Believe what you want..I just fix crap like this all day...design systems,
and am currently giving some input on a new program for contractors...but I
know nothing...