Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Volt sticks?

In article , NY wrote:
"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
When did building regs (or normal electrician practice) change from
using metal to using plastic conduits? I can imagine metal conduits
would block any volt stick, especially if the conduit was earthed.

Why would you expect them to work through metal or screening? Either
metal or plastic conduits are in use.

As I said above, I *wouldn't* expect them to work through metal conduits.
I presume that was one of the reasons (along with cost, weight and ease
of cutting) for conduits mostly being plastic nowadays.

Don't forget threading ...

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England