Posted to alt.home.repair
Darlene Bell Darlene Bell is offline

Default Ice Maker Not Filling

I have a Samsung RF220NCTASR/AA. It has a bottom freezer with ice maker. No water dispenser. It suddenly stopped making ice. There's no water going into the ice tray. If I manually fill the tray it will freeze, cycle and dump as it should but the tray won't fill again. The fill valve works. When the ice maker cycles it calls the water up and I can catch it in a bucket when I detach the line. There's a heated tube (part DA97-00209T) that goes between the water line and the ice maker and I am guessing it has frozen and needs to be replaced. I can't find anything about how to remove and replace it. In looking at photos of the part it seems to plug directly into the ice maker for power but has no other electrical connection going out. There must be an electrical connection from the ice maker to the fill valve so I'm confused. I can't find any good diagrams of this system or directions or videos of how to replace this. Any help out there?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-3091883-.htm