Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Workbench Height - At the Wrist. Good Idea?

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 11:39:27 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 1/30/2021 8:38 PM, wrote:

I won't have an Alexa in the house. Actually, I did. My son gave us
one. It never left the box.

My son gave us the one we have. Never really wanted one. Turns out it
is pretty darned nice. I now have a bunch of them around the house.

Besides controlling a bunch of lights, they answer most questions, like
convert 32mm to inches, or 7 day weather forecast, or how many miles
from Pgh to Denver.

Yeah but the price of controlling lights is being controlled yourself.
Not going to happen.

Also the sound on the regular Alexa is pretty good (not the echo), and
with Amazon Prime she plays 99% of any music you want, free. (Alexa,
play Mashed Potatoes by Nat Kendrick And The Swans, or play some Bo
Diddly, or play my music library) She also hooks up to my Sono's sound
thing-ee my son bought me, and my Samsung sound bar he also bought me,
which all have great sound.

The best is I get to talk trash to her at will, and give insane
political commentary in hopes some dick at Amazon is listening in...