Set Square

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Exactly. Implementing any type of transfer switch mechanism which
is not foolproof against backfeeding would be extreemly dangerous,
and should see you instantly disconnected from the electricity supply
if the supply authority finds out.

Also the comment about the earthing being take care of is not true.
You are not allowed to assume a supplier's provided earth connection
is still working when the supply isn't working.

Thankyou Andrew. I have no intention of feeding the generator into a ring
main - and certainly won't follow the advice of the initial respondent!

As per my original post, I indend to unplug selected "devices" (including
the CH) from the ring main and plug them into the generator instead.

I still need some advice please with respect to earthing - and spike
protection, if necessary, for the boiler electronics.
--
Cheers,
Set Square