Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Toilet blocked by caustic soda

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 30/01/2021 22:51, alan_m wrote:
On 30/01/2021 17:47, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 16:15, Heaven wrote:
Hello all. Please can someone help. My brand new toilet somehow got
blocked. So, I poured a cap full of caustic soda down it and some
boiling water. Nothing happened. So I kept doing it, so much so that
the crystals have totally hardened and now, the hole has almost
totally blocked up and none of the waste is being flushed away. How
can I dissolve the totally rock hard caustic soda. Can I salvage my
toilet?? Can it be cleared away. (Almost 10 days now). Thank you for
your help.

10 days without a tom tit ? ...

The chemical composition of a bag of Postcrete would cure the problem of
a toilet being blocked by rock hard caustic soda.

It sounds like some dodgy plumbing downstream from the toilet is
where the blockage is, not the actual bog. Who fitted this 'new'
toilet ?.

An old wire coat hanger is a good implement for dealing with such blockages

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England