Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default eyes follow up....

"Paul" wrote in message
Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 30/01/2021 08:18, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 29/01/2021 09:42, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
Keep us posted about how it goes.

Well about the same time as the eye changes I was getting migraines
with aura once a day for about a week ....I have been having migraines
with aura off and on for about 20 years...I used put my migraines with
aura down to Chocolate but I had been off chocolate for months so I
thought it might be too much salt ...so I stopped adding salt to my
food ...and I loved my salt...and within a few days my migraines
stopped and after a week my eyes had returned to their normal
state...so it was too much salt ... sodium poisoning.....have to say I
never linked my migraines with aura to too much salt before....I did
like my salt though....but no more if it causes all those problems and
more....and my dizziness has gone as well....

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...t-warning-salt
so as a test purely in the interests of science you understand I
recently had a big ritter sports bar and a few days later had a big bar
of Tony's....no migrains.......

Feck out working on the Mustang track rod ends there this morning and
bingo a migraine with aura....so much for all my theories.....I give up

Off to doctor to see what's not in balance.

But after all this time thats unlikely to be useful.

Here, a hospital blood test can get results faster than a clinic-inspired
blood test.

Makes no difference here. The main obvious
difference is that the hospital one is normally
with fasting and the one after the doctors
appointment usually isnt.

With the clinic, the round trip cycle time is three weeks,

Fark, ours is next day.

which is too long when you're really sick.

Yep.

On the negative side, the wait at the hospital can be forever. Four to
eight hours at my local (ten minutes walk from the house).

Fark. I show up before they open and hardly ever
wait more than half an hour and the half hour is
so I am at the head of the queue. its only minutes
after they open since I'm first or second.

Since seasonal flu is not at the usual
winter levels, there will be fewer seats with bums on them at the moment
at hospital.

Ours has separate seats and dept for the blood test sampling.

On the plus side (I checked a while back), my clinic
is mostly empty. Empty of patients, empty of doctors.
Very little work going on. I got prescriptions there.

Ours is a bit down on what it can be but we
have only ever had 3 virus infected people
and none of them ever went to a GP clinic.