Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who is eligible for the vaccine

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 07:51:33 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, January 30, 2021 at 9:58:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 05:20:53 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 5:20:08 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 29 Jan 2021 17:12:17 -0500, micky
wrote:

Here is a list including every state of Who is eligible for the vaccine.

It's dated Version 26: January 27, 2021, and doesn't indicate who was
eligible last week or next week, but it's probably accurate wrt the date
issued. (26 versions in only 2 or 3 months. I think the version
changes even when only one state changes who's eligible, and they update
it more than once a week.)

https://www.walgreens.com/images/ada...3%2C513%2C0%5D
And if you search on the word years you see that some states say
over 65, some 75, some 70 and North Dakota for example only says
Long-term care facility residents and staff
First responders
Health workers in direct contact with COVID-19

Either ND has not updated Walgreens, or some central source that
Walgreens uses, or they are behind some other states. Who knows!

I could look on a ND site and find out, but no time now.
Walgreens say "The COVID-19 vaccine is on the way.
As pharmacy experts, this is what we train for. We're ready to deliver
vaccinations safely in accordance with state-specific eligibility
requirements."

And I'm sure they are since they gave me a flu shot. I had to ask her
her name though, it wasn't on her jacket. Of course i want to know her
name.

But this is the same message for the whole country,
and maybe Canada ;-) .

It doesn't say when they'll start, and I doubt they know when they will
start. They're 4 blocks away so it would be very convenient. They're
usually quiet but if they make it first come, first served, they won't
be. Maryland knows how to make appointments, but will drugstores?
Maybe.

And btw, Illinois is the only state that lists prisoners as being
eligible. Eventually that will change, at last at the very end.
Someone who really cares can use Find at the link above.

The huge mistakes here were the feds lowering the age to 65 and leaving
it at the discretion of the states as to what to do. Most governors, eg
Cuomo, Murphy, DeSantis were stupid and just lowered it right to 65,
plus they included people under 65 that had pre-existing conditions like
high blood pressure, smoking, obesity, or just being overweight. In other
words they pretty much opened it up to everybody. That
lead to a totally predictable cluster f***, compounded by the fact that
despite having 9 months to get systems in place, few locations were
prepared with websites, phone banks, etc. The predictable results are
crashed websites, phone banks that have people on hold for 4 hours,
then disconnect, old people in long lines at 3AM.

Now the morons like Cuomo and deBlasio are whining, that there isn't
enough vaccine. Yet everyone knew that the ramp up would be slow
and it was their job to successfully manage it. The ramp up has been
about what was forecast two months ago. What they should have
done was slowly work their way down in age and the feds should have
suggested it. It just shows the incompetence of govt, yet the libs want
the govt to do more. Next they are going to create a new, wonderful
green energy economy, while killing off the existing one and it's jobs,
eg XL pipeline.

They now have the waiting list lottery. You sign up and wait for the
call. There was no "short window" thing and the site worked just fine.
It is still a problem of supply and demand.
Florida had a huge problem that we have a disproportional number of
snowbirds at this time of year and most are over 65.

Which is why it was dumb to open it to everyone over 65 all at once.

That was just the window for the open appointments. There are separate
programs for nursing homes and other groups. The VA seems to have the
best deal but you have to be in their medical system. I always had
good insurance so I never signed up.