Posted to uk.d-i-y
John J[_2_] John J[_2_] is offline

Default Toilet blocked by caustic soda

On Saturday, 30 January 2021 at 16:15:06 UTC, Heaven wrote:
Hello all. Please can someone help. My brand new toilet somehow got blocked. So, I poured a cap full of caustic soda down it and some boiling water. Nothing happened. So I kept doing it, so much so that the crystals have totally hardened and now, the hole has almost totally blocked up and none of the waste is being flushed away. How can I dissolve the totally rock hard caustic soda. Can I salvage my toilet?? Can it be cleared away. (Almost 10 days now). Thank you for your help.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...a-3091365-.htm

Wouldn't you just know this came via homeowners hub?