dan

Default air conditioning mold

(dan) wrote in message . com...
We just bought a house that has a RUUD 10 SEER (we live in florida)
that is about 11 years old. The air handler in the attic has heavy
mold inside it all over. a technician came out and said it should be
replaced because cleaning it would cost almost as much as getting a
new one. He did mention that we were losing some Freon through it
also. These are our two concerns: 1.)we have a 2 year old child and a
new one coming in a month and it scares us to think that the air
conditioning can be a health danger to the infant and child; 2.)we
really dont have the money to drop on a new air hanling unit and
condenser. We are in a bit of situation here and was wondering if a
suggestion or two could be offered? Thanks in advance. Dan.

Thanks for the responses.
The A/C technicain mentioned that the bio-clean wont work on the mold
spores so i would be a waste of time and that installing a UV light
will run to $600. what about the supposed Freon leak at the air
handler? Should i use bleach on everything except the condenser
coils? Thanks in advance.