Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Benton Paul Benton is offline

Default MOT Welding Standard

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:27:52 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

30 years ago, I occasionally saw 10+ YO vehicles involved in
minor crashes and the hidden rust was spread all over the
road, with serious deflection and distortion of the body shell.
These days that doesn't seem to happen (though that might be
because I don't go out for 50 miles bike rides any longer so
I miss them). Mark 1 Ford Ka's were notorious for rust even
at 7 years old but the newer models seem better.

If you're going to have a head-on in a Ka you've basically had your
chips, rust or no rust, you ain't coming out of it with a pulse.