Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Speaking of aerials, what's this....

Some of the old CB aerials were vertical with a ground plane quite often and
hams now adapt those for the 10 metre band as it only needs to be a little
shorter.
Often though its a colinear, as they do not need a ground plane.

I'd not worry about the height, very unlikely to get struck by lightning,
for many hears I had a 15ft mast on the chimney with a rotatable five
element fm aerial and a log periodic uhf TV array on top with a two stacked
b group uhf array looking at hannington itv transmitter when itv regions
actually showed different programmes. sob.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 29/01/2021 18:11, S wrote:
On 29/01/2021 17:54, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 29/01/2021 16:54, R D S wrote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mdm...ew?usp=sharing

Dunno, but it looks like it would make a pretty good lightning
conductor.

a FM quarter wave end fed metal rod? Would be about 765 mm long....

? That aerial extends vertically perhaps 4 or 5 metres above the chimney.
I would be surprised if it isn't one of the highest points in the street.

--

Jeff