Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Marquetry

There are and were a lot of craft things around, probably still are on the
shopping channels. One I remember was creating pictures on a kind of
aluminium sheet by some form of grain effect that reflected light
differently as you got the reflections at different angles. Some were even
coloured.
I'm sure a lot of these things used etching and small machining tools to
create them back in the day. I was always so cack handed with things that
were supposed to look like art. I could make model flying planes and model
boats to my own design, but anything that was supposed to look like a scale
model usually went very wonky.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
After serious thinking Nick Odell wrote :
Gamages department store had the "Hobbies" brand treadle fret-saw
which was used to cut the marquetry veneers to shape.
https://content.instructables.com/OR...7AGFKVB84I.jpg

I had the Crown Kit bought for me one birthday - I soon became bored with
it.